Nigerian tops Forbes' list of Africa's richest
Forbes magazine says Aliko Dangote, a Nigerian tycoon who built his empire on commodities like flour, sugar and cement, is Africa's richest man.
Dangote topped the Forbes' list published this week for the second year running. According to Forbes, he has a net worth of $12 billion.
Forbes' list of the 40 richest Africans living in Africa also includes:
- Nicky Oppenheimer and family, South Africa, $6.4 billion
- Johann Rupert and family, South Africa, $5.7 billion
- Nassef Sawiris, Egypt, $5.5 billion
- Mike Adenuga, Nigeria, $4.6 billion
- Christoffel Wiese, South Africa, $3.7 billion
-Othman Benjelloun, Morocco, $2.75 billion
- Patrice Motsepe, South Africa, $2.65 billion
- Naguib Sawiris, Egypt, $2.5 billion
- Mohamed Mansour, Egypt, $2.2 billion