Redwine gives official interview
Law Enforcement wont release information from interview or search
SHAUN STANLEY/Durango Herald
Investigators concluded their search of the home of Mark Redwine, father of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, Thursday night after serving a search warrant in the morning.
Mark Redwine also agreed to give an official interview to the task force for the case — comprised of agents from the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, Durango Police Department, Bayfield Marshals Office, FBI and Colorado Bureau of Investigation — after investigators asked if he would be willing to do an in-depth interview, said Lt. Ray Shupe, spokesman for the task force.
Redwine has given several cursory interviews in the past, but this was the first in-depth interview he has given, Shupe said. No attorney was present for the interview, and Shupe said Redwine has not retained an attorney.
Redwine has been cooperating with authorities and has not been named a suspect or a person of interest, Shupe said.
Authorities say they will not release any information about the interview or what was, or was not, taken from the residence during Thursday night’s seach.
The task force concluded its door-to-door canvassing that began Tuesday and have now shifted their focus to following up on leads and evidence.
“Until we put together any leads or information that leads us in a certain direction, most work is going to take place internally,” Shupe said.
Volunteers can continue searching the area surrounding Vallecito Reservoir after authorities requested earlier this week that people stay away while investigators canvassed the area.
It has been ruled out that Dylan ran away from the home. He was last seen Nov. 19. Authorities also have ruled out the possibility that the teenager wandered into the wilderness and got lost around Vallecito Reservoir.
“Task force members are looking at this investigation as a criminal investigation,” Shupe said in a news release.