Sam Green/Cortez Journal
A Mancos firefighter sprays the roof of a house at 39820 Road J. Stephanie Marquez said their television stopped working, and she went to bed with her 2-year-old and 6-month-old children. Her husband noticed some lights weren't working, and he went under the house, suspecting that a mouse had chewed on some wires. He woke the family up about 1 a.m. Friday and said the ceiling was on fire. Mancos firefighters responded and put the fire out, but it started up again about 8 a.m. The modular home was less than 3 years old.