Investigators end search of house
Police refuse to discuss if anything was found at Mark Redwines home
Investigators concluded their search of the home of Mark Redwine, father of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, Thursday night after serving a search warrant in the morning.
Mark Redwine also agreed to give an official interview to the task force for the case – made up of agents from the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, Durango Police Department, Bayfield Marshal’s Office, FBI and Colorado Bureau of Investigation – after investigators asked if he would be willing to do an in-depth interview, said Lt. Ray Shupe, spokesman for the task force.
Redwine has given several cursory interviews in the past, but this was the first in-depth interview he has given, Shupe said.
No attorney was present for the interview, and Shupe said Redwine has not retained an attorney.
Redwine has been cooperating with authorities and has not been named a suspect or person of interest, Shupe said.
Authorities say they will not release any information about the interview or what was, or was not, taken from the residence.
The task force concluded its door-to-door canvassing that began Tuesday and has shifted its focus to following up on leads and evidence.
“Until we put together any leads or information that leads us in a certain direction, most work is going to take place internally,” Shupe said.
Volunteers can resume searching the area surrounding Vallecito Reservoir. Authorities earlier this week requested that they stay away for a few days while investigators canvassed the area.
Some volunteers have gone back into the area to search side roads and check any buildings they were not able to get to before authorities requested they stop, local resident Denise Hess said.
A group of people is making ribbons to sell to raise money for a fund to find Dylan, Hess said. The ribbons are blue and black with some white in them – Dylan’s favorite colors. The group has not started selling them and is still deciding how much to sell them for.
Law-enforcement officials have ruled out that Dylan ran away from home.
He was last seen Nov. 19. Authorities also have ruled out the possibility that the teenager wandered into the wilderness and got lost around Vallecito Reservoir.
“Task force members are looking at this investigation as a criminal investigation,” Shupe said in a news release.
Authorities are still requesting any video footage or photos that show vehicles along the typical routes between Vallecito and Durango from 6 p.m. Nov. 18 to noon Nov. 19. The county dispatch center may be contacted at 385-2900.
A telephone tip line has been set up: 382-7511. Calls also can be made to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at (800) 843-5678.
The footage already received is being analyzed for clues.
Dylan disappeared Nov. 19 while visiting his father during Thanksgiving week as a result of a court order from 6th Judicial District Judge David Dickinson.
Dylan moved to Colorado Springs this summer with his brother, Cory, and mother, Elaine Redwine, who divorced Mark Redwine in 2007.
Elaine Redwine said Dylan texted her when he arrived Nov. 18 at the Durango-La Plata County Airport.
The teenager contacted friends in Bayfield and agreed to meet them in the early morning Nov. 19, but the meeting never took place.
Mark Redwine told investigators that he left the house to do errands at 7:30 a.m. but found Dylan gone when he returned at 11:30 a.m.
He told The Durango Herald on Wednesday he had gone to Durango to meet with his divorce lawyer.