Email announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Community Calendar” in the subject field. Items submitted less than two weeks...
For the record
In custody on a $10,000 bond, Dennis Altamirano, 25, of Mancos, admitted to violating probation in connection to a 2012 felony charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. He was sentenced to time served.
A public defender argued that the case was a "miscarriage of justice," stating Altamirano now had a felony conviction on his record for buying alcohol to share with his underage girlfriend.
Understanding of the defense argument, the court said the defendant made a poor choice to...
Thank you letters
It was a great day for all...
- Thank You Letter: Thanks for all who made Dolores’ veterans tribute happen
- Thank You Letter: Dolores Elementary thanks sheriff for ID cards, fingerprinting
- Thank You Letter: Thanks for continuing Dolores school tax
- Thank You Letter: Hospital board grateful for your votes
- Thanks for another successful farmers market
Pet of the week
Clubs and organizations
Jack Powers, 22, a 2011 graduate of Montezuma-Cortez High School, has received a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of New Mexico. As a Naval ROTC student, he has also earned a commission as a Navy officer. In March, he will report to Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Fla., and will commence training as a student Naval aviator.
Some of the history of the local...
If gardens could talk, they might have...