High on a red rock ridge in southeastern Utah lies a petroglyph panel that depicts a fundamental shift in the lives of prehistoric Pueblo peoples.
A millennium ago individual ceremonies and rituals gave way to...
Arts & entertainment
John Jorgenson’s bluegrass band J2B2 energized and amazed both students and evening concertgoers in two concerts on Tuesday, Feb. 9 at the Ralph E. Vavak Memorial...
- Miss Tess and Talkbacks come to Cortez
- Library, Sunflower to show ‘Out in the Cold’
- The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution Documentary explores roots of revolutionary group
- ‘Kung Fu Panda’ back for third round
- Local jazz musician Newnam takes stage at Sunflower
- Birth: Casey Dylan Kop
- Jacob Colcord graduates basic combat training
- Anniversary Rich and Sharon Veach Van Loenen
- Engagement: Kocsis – Rosenbaugh
- Birth: Beckett Thomas Larimore
For The Journal
A Mardi Gras pancake supper will be held on Feb. 9 from 4:30 – 7 p.m. at St. Barnabas Church, at the corner of North and Elm.
- Ousted Russian Orthodox cleric assails elites
- Dems find unlikely ally: G.W. Bush
- Church looking for Nativity characters
- A power and peace in flowers
- Pope orders audit of wealth as whistleblowers pursued