Top news from around the region
At issue, said...
A jury found a Montezuma County rancher guilty of shooting and killing his neighbor’s 2,000-pound Charolais bull this week.
Scott Klassen, 58, was convicted on one...
- Southwest Colorado’s fall colors are nearing their peak
- A Colorado mother grieves after losing son to addiction
- Industry uses 50-state strategy to weaken drug laws
- Sheriff: 'This is just the beginning' of drug problem
- Republican headquarters plans open house in Cortez
- Dolores Harvest Festival is Oct. 8
- Classic race cars light up streets of Dolores
- Moose visits West Fork of Dolores River
- Election ballots go out the week of Oct. 17
- Dolores schools’ test scores drop
"We live in one of the very few places left...
- Todo Mundo concert benefits Mancos Creative District
- Mancos students learn about oil and water
- Who’s willing to help clean up the Mancos Riverwalk?
- Mancos school officials discuss funding for improvements
- Mancos Brewfest raises $7,780 for charities
State Nation and World
Over the past two years, three Cortez elementary schools have been participating in a University of Virginia turnaround program to get them back on track.
In May, the...
- Learn about teaching in Australia and Canada
- Grand opening set for new online charter school
- New administrators and staff begin transitional year at Southwest Open School
- Celebrating a new school year
- M-CHS grad Bloedel is stationed in Okinawa, Japan
When Paul and Krii Black found hops growing on the ranch they manage in the Pine River Valley, they thought they were weeds.
But after talking with a neighbor and doing...
- Entrepreneur develops cattle health-tracking system
- Montezuma 4-H livestock sale nets $152,000
- Research center hosts field tour, barbecue in Yellow Jacket
- We’ve got your goats
- Collbran benefit planned for Western Colorado Agriculture Resource Center
- Larry McGee returns as ag lender at Cortez bank
- Love on a Hanger sets stage for annual show
- High-speed internet slowly spreads through Silverton
- Western furniture, decor shop opens in Cortez
- Southwest Colorado county and regional data are available
Yesterday was the last day...
I came to the Dolores River...