Up on top of a sage covered ridge northwest of Cortez, archaeologist Caitlin Sommers peered into a deep hole.
“This is the beginning of our story,” Sommers said.
Our story begins at the...
State Nation and World
Rights group says Mexico's government should investigate army slayings of 22 in June incident
Recall leader Margie Russell called on Beverly Humiston-Scott to resign, and a resident asked about a restraining order between president Money Guiles and board member...
- Community groups step up to help local students excel
- School News: Students seem happy to be back in school
- Mentors working on work ethics
- Kiva Montessori charter opens doors
- Tests indicate schools have more work to do
Southwest Farm Fresh, a new farm and ranch distribution cooperative in Montezuma County, is about halfway through its first year and looking to ramp up for the harvest...
- Voters pick top chili, salsa
- Watery eyes, gasps for air
- Green thumbs take home Blue Ribbons
- Update: Cutter Higgins wins grand champion in rocketry
- Update: Cutter Higgins washes turkeys for the big show
The post-recession real estate reality for Cortez is a hot rental market.
For one local real estate entrepreneur, that meant transforming her business model to include...
- Business Briefs
- Local alfalfa prices lagging behind last year
- So you’ve decided to rent out your home? Some tips
- Summer has been good to corn
- Business briefs
Edward Irista “Teddy” Stuckman was born on October 11, 1944 in Durango,...
- Max Raymond Cullum
- Jackson Daniel Dosh
- Lowell Ingvold Larson
- Max Raymond Cullum
- Desirae Drew Benally
There were lots of oohs and aahs Thursday as the Dolores School Board of Education got a personal tour of the $7 million construction at the Dolores schools.
- McPhee increases water for farmers
- The making of a masterpiece
- Fire up your dreams
- River Talk: The Goose returns to its perch
- School board adopts vision statement
The Mancos Conservation District is overhauling a section on the Mancos River to improve water flow in the Exon ditch and fish habitat in the river.
Just downstream from...
- Humiston-Scott faces recall effort
- Schools welcome new faces on staff
- Kerry Grombacher brings spirit of troubadours to Mancos
- Activists seek county control of U.S. routes
- Insect inspectors