Top news from around the region
Direct flights from Cortez to Denver and Phoenix will start Oct. 1 with Boutique Air.
The airline was awarded an Essential Air Service (EAS) bid from the U.S. Department of Transportation earlier this month,...
Mesa Verde National Park staff will host a Centennial Fun Run and Walk on Sept. 17 as part of celebrations for the National Park Service Centennial.
A 5.5-mile race will...
- Mesa Verde celebrates 100 years of the National Park Service
- Towaoc woman pleads not guilty to murder charge
- Navajos host permaculture workshop
- School starts in Cortez
- Two overdoses reported this month in Montezuma County
Up-and-coming country rocker David Luning and his band will perform at the Dolores River Brewery on Saturday, Aug. 27.
The singer-songwriter from Forestville, California...
- Mudslides slow traffic west of Telluride
- Search and Rescue sins Escalante Days parade.
- Dolores Mountain Quilters show off talent this weekend
- Civilian Conservation Corp featured at Dolores Library
- Joe Rowell Park improves
Mancos has lost out to Ridgway in a project that could have brought affordable housing for artists to town, officials learned last week.
The Space to Create program aims...
- Mesa Verde kicks off centennial celebration Thursday morning
- Mancos Harvest Festival takes place Sept. 11
- Mancos Days moving to private management
- 3-D art show is opening at restaurant in Mancos
- Star party scheduled for Mancos State Park
Residents of a rural Bayfield community are worried that a marijuana grow facility proposed for the neighborhood could drain their well water.
The applicants, Teresa and...
State Nation and World
- M-CHS grad Bloedel is stationed in Okinawa, Japan
- How much are students willing to pay to attend Fort Lewis College?
- Return on Fort Lewis College investments better than state’s
- Four local students graduate from Adams State University
- Fresh produce
An Australian entrepreneur, now based in Durango, wants to change the way cattle herds are managed with health-tracking technology.
David Poussard’s company...
- Montezuma 4-H livestock sale nets $152,000
- Research center hosts field tour, barbecue in Yellow Jacket
- We’ve got your goats
- Collbran benefit planned for Western Colorado Agriculture Resource Center
- Region 9 receives $60K from USDA for SCAPE Program
The Region 9 Economic Development District of Southwest Colorado announces Ron LeBlanc and Robert Whitson have joined the Region 9 board of...
- Southwest Health moves forward with $30M expansion
- Southwest Health imaging director recognized for excellence
- Study finds oil and gas industry largest contributor to ‘hot spot’
- Report gives grim look at U.S. coal mining
- Lone Spur Cafe opens in Francisco’s building
About 12½ miles southwest of...
For some of us, getting downtown on...