Top news from around the region
The Montezuma County Fair starts this weekend, and organizers want to get as much of the community involved as possible.
“We want it to be a week of family fun all week long,” said fair board...
- Cortez council extends pot shop hours to 9 p.m.
- Rep. Scott Tipton urges federal agency to get rid of new methane rule
- Cortez businesses flagged over wheelchair access
- Forecasts complicated Dolores boating season, officials say
- WildEdge brewery moves a step closer to Cortez
The Dolores Mountain Quilters Guild has scheduled a biennial quilt show, which promises to be an exciting showcase for local quilting artistry.
The show will be held at...
- Escalante Days and Nights celebrates 40th year
- Dolores school board votes in Frasier
- Stoner Ranch goes on market for $13.9 million
- Forest officials tout benefits of Long Draw fire
- Appleseed Collective plays Dolores
An opening reception for artists Peter Campbell and Susan...
- Mancos gets a new Blue Jay just in time for big weekend
- Mancos Creative District hosting raffle, silent auction
- Artists of Mancos host reception for Nard
- Motorcycle deaths increasing in Colorado after peak in 2015
- Lightning ignites small Mesa Verde fire
A recent fire at an oil production site in New Mexico provided environmental advocacy groups with fodder for a long-standing argument: Federal agencies must weigh all impacts of...
State Nation and World
You might think I’m recommending this because some research shows that watching TV and digital devices can negatively impact the developing brain and hinder children from...
- Area graduates earn Cowbelles scholarships
- Cortez Public Library hosts Craftapalooza event
- Adams State to pay 100K after president bans ex-professor
- Animas High students’ sun-powered contraption qualifies for Solar Car Challenge
- Cortez library releases schedule for August Storytime sessions
The Region 9 Economic Development District of SW Colorado, Inc. has received a Rural Business Development Grant through USDA for the Southwest Colorado...
- Farm Service Agency reminds wheat producers of marketing loans
- Strength in numbers
- Growing Partners seeks six leaders for fellowship program
- Tax credit seeks to help young farmers
- Cattle grazing reintroduced to Forest Service lands
Leadership Montezuma is recruiting members for the Class of 2016-2017, which will receive training in subjects such as leadership development, board training,...
- Cortez launches Third Thursday Downtown Market
- Colorado stands at a crossroads for natural resources
- Durango, Cortez favor extension of marijuana shop hours
- XTO Energy fined $10,000 for March spill
- Study: Marijuana has less impact on tourism than thought