Top news from around the region
Cortez retailers are rested and ready to take on the crowds seeking Black Friday deals.
“We’re ready. We’ve all been popping vitamins and getting ready to go,” Walmart manager Ron...
- Native tribes want cultural sites protected
- Panel meets on oil and gas
- Drive-by gunfire on Main Street
- Only light snow expected in Colorado for Thanksgiving
- Mark Redwine files to dismiss wrongful death lawsuit in death of son, Dylan Redwine
Check out the inaugural Dolores Turkey Trot and Food Drive on Thanksgiving Day Nov. 26, beginning at 9 a.m. in front of the Dolores High School. The free event features a 5K and...
- Faces in the Crowd: The River Runners
- Dolores Christmas Bazaar coming in two weeks
- 80 years ago
- 40 years ago
- Family Dollar headed for Railroad Avenue Vehicle storage lot purchased; opening date expected in 2016
Darrel Ellis, a lifelong resident and friend of Mancos, a member of the Mancos Town Board of Trustees, Mancos Public Library Board and the Mancos Valley Historical Society, and a...
- Kyle Cox sells lamb at national show
- League of Women Voters to meet in Mancos
- Cox convicted in 2009 DUI, Indiana prosecutor’s office says
- Mancos considers adding position for PR officer
- Effort to allow ATVs on La Plata County roads moves again
State Nation and World
Ukraine stops buying natural gas from Russia, closes its airspace to Russian planes
Thanks to a change in class order, students wishing to enter the Automotive Service Technology program at Southwest Colorado Community College can now start in the spring...
- Sen. Bennet on conference committee that advances No Child reform measure
- Kiwanis Club donates $5,500 to schools
- Towaoc library receives donation
- Online instructor honored
- Lots of laughs
NEW PALTZ, N.Y. – Hauling feed, herding pigs, long hours. Farming is hard. And 25-year-old Leanna Mulvihill loves it.
Young farmers like...
- Can small communities tackle global food security?
- An uncommon love
- Semi loaded with cattle clogs Durango thoroughfare
- Researchers find an answer to invasive cheatgrass
- Colorado AgrAbility sets workshop schedule
WASHINGTON – U.S. home rental prices rose at a slower pace in October, a possible sign that apartment costs are testing the upper reaches of renters’...
- Durango tourism industry faces challenges
- Mercy medical center recognized for capacity to keep patients safe
- Business Briefs
- Climate Commitments on the Road to Paris
- Western banking school coming to Fort Lewis College
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric...
Some of the history of the local...
Gov. John Hickenlooper (Democrat) and...