The rain held off, and the sun shined through during a moving Memorial Day ceremony honoring Spc. George Raymond Geer, a fallen soldier from Montezuma County.
Geer’s family, local dignitaries, and a...
State Nation and World
THE LATEST: UEFA urges FIFA to postpone presidential vote; eyes boycott of FIFA Congress
Southwest Open School served a Nigerian dinner on Wednesday, May 20, as part of its yearlong Common Read.
The evening program was organized around the novel...
- Sheriff’s Blotter
- Graduate gets a running start at college education
- Walck wins Gates scholarship
- Durango college graduates 150 students
- Local Briefs
Bee loss in Southwest Colorado was significantly lower than the national average, said Tina Sebestyen with the Four Corners Beekeepers Association.
“Bee losses in...
- Fair weigh-in
- Beekeepers offer three-day course
- USDA proposes payment rule to close Farm Bill loophole
- Ag Expo honors work of behind-the-scenes volunteers
- Do you know where your livestock are?
For The Cortez Journal
Mercy Regional Medical Center invites the public to “Using Mindfulness, Reflection, and Relationship Dynamics to Create Health,” a...
- Bank sheds antlers during makeover
- Coal mine gets court-ordered environmental study
- Chipotle execs among highest-paid in industry
- Chipotle in the hot seat
A rock is a rock is a rock, unless it...
When we lived on the...
The Bureau of Land Management Special...
Dolores Schools celebrated the graduating class of 2015 Saturday morning.
Highlights included speeches were given by many, including Salutatorian Taylor Elder,...
- 'A loving son, brother, hero'
- 'George was one of many'
- Local opens boat rental shop
- Man arrested after alleged threat at Depot
- Sex offender nabbed in Dolores