Top news from around the region
More than 100 marchers attended a rally in Cortez City Park on Saturday to support the ongoing Dakota Access Pipeline protest at the Standing Rock Sioux reservation in North...
- Planning begins for Paths to Mesa Verde trail
- Man in fatal crash was a Gold Star father
- Snow makes Coal Bank, Molas passes slick
- Southwest Colorado’s fall colors are nearing their peak
- Industry uses 50-state strategy to weaken drug laws
- Dolores Harvest Festival is Oct. 8
- Classic race cars light up streets of Dolores
- Moose visits West Fork of Dolores River
- Election ballots go out the week of Oct. 17
- Dolores schools’ test scores drop
"We live in one of the very few places left...
- Todo Mundo concert benefits Mancos Creative District
- Mancos students learn about oil and water
- Who’s willing to help clean up the Mancos Riverwalk?
- Mancos school officials discuss funding for improvements
- Mancos Brewfest raises $7,780 for charities
State Nation and World
Over the past two years, three Cortez elementary schools have been participating in a University of Virginia turnaround program to get them back on track.
In May, the...
- Learn about teaching in Australia and Canada
- Grand opening set for new online charter school
- New administrators and staff begin transitional year at Southwest Open School
- Celebrating a new school year
- M-CHS grad Bloedel is stationed in Okinawa, Japan
- Bayfield couple’s ‘weeds’ turn into growing hops business
- Entrepreneur develops cattle health-tracking system
- Montezuma 4-H livestock sale nets $152,000
- Research center hosts field tour, barbecue in Yellow Jacket
- We’ve got your goats
The annual Made in Montezuma Fall Festival will take place from 4-7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 15 at Trail Canyon Ranch in McElmo Canyon.
- Colorado Hospital Association hosts meeting on Amendment 69
- Osprey donates supplies for Cortez students
- Larry McGee returns as ag lender at Cortez bank
- Love on a Hanger sets stage for annual show
- High-speed internet slowly spreads through Silverton