Top news from around the region
McPhee Reservoir managers are considering a more aggressive defense to prevent an invasion of the destructive quagga and zebra mussels.
A plan is being considered by...
- School board revisits testing, improvement status
- Hundreds without gas after Atmos Energy crews hit a line
- Aging rural population strains West's health care systems
- BLM will pursue master leasing plan in SW Colorado
- Southern Utes stand with Standing Rock protest
- Dolores Harvest Festival is Oct. 8
- Classic race cars light up streets of Dolores
- Moose visits West Fork of Dolores River
- Election ballots go out the week of Oct. 17
- Dolores schools’ test scores drop
(Editor’s note: this week we have a guest column – Mac is recovering in the hospital from a fall last week. She broke her pelvis, which the...
- Mancos Brewing Co. plans second-anniversary bash
- Planning begins for Paths to Mesa Verde trail
- Are our links to the ancients' time becoming endangered?
- Todo Mundo concert benefits Mancos Creative District
- Mancos students learn about oil and water
The Durango Police Department reports an uptick in the number of counterfeit bills being passed around town during the past couple of months.
The bills have turned up at...
State Nation and World
Over the past two years, three Cortez elementary schools have been participating in a University of Virginia turnaround program to get them back on track.
In May, the...
- Learn about teaching in Australia and Canada
- Grand opening set for new online charter school
- New administrators and staff begin transitional year at Southwest Open School
- Celebrating a new school year
- M-CHS grad Bloedel is stationed in Okinawa, Japan
- Bayfield couple’s ‘weeds’ turn into growing hops business
- Entrepreneur develops cattle health-tracking system
- Montezuma 4-H livestock sale nets $152,000
- Research center hosts field tour, barbecue in Yellow Jacket
- We’ve got your goats
The annual Made in Montezuma Fall Festival will take place from 4-7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 15 at Trail Canyon Ranch in McElmo Canyon.
- Colorado Hospital Association hosts meeting on Amendment 69
- Osprey donates supplies for Cortez students
- Larry McGee returns as ag lender at Cortez bank
- Love on a Hanger sets stage for annual show
- High-speed internet slowly spreads through Silverton
Yesterday was the last day...
I came to the Dolores River...