Top news from around the region
According to the most recent Fall...
Earlier this year, pediatricians at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center found that reading to a toddler activates brain networks that support budding...
- Summer tourism sees uptick from 2014
- Area kids face hardships
- Cultural Center plans to keep Cortez building, for now
- Board revisits retired M-CHS
- Ute elections are next week
- Artists of Rico hold open house
- Man jailed for trashing forest
- Celebrate Harvest Festival in Dolores
- Woman claims neighbor shot breeding bull
- 2015 Montezuma County Open Fair Results, Community Open Class Divisions
An Australian woman was killed Friday near the Archuleta-La Plata county line in a motorcycle accident while participating in a cross country ride to raise awareness about...
- Mancos looking into water dock options
- Town talk: What’s on tap in Mancos Valley
- Mancos library will ask voters for help
- A Mancos homecoming
- Up, up and away
DENVER – Colorado marijuana enthusiasts would be allowed to consume cannabis at a club if the state Legislature passes a proposed measure.
Rep. Kit Roupe,...
State Nation and World
Union activists protesting Air France layoffs storm headquarters, forcing managers to flee
For The Cortez Journal
“Seasonal Change” is the October theme of the Raising Readers Storytime at the Cortez Public Library, located at 202 N. Park St.,...
- Stepping in
- Commercial Demons website comes down at 9-R’s request
- Kiva starts school year in new downtown location
- State to re-examine Native mascots
- College Scorecard compares schools’ cost, earning power
Local 4-H members from throughout Montezuma County earned the opportunity to send their projects to the Colorado State Fair by being first in their division and age group at the...
- 2015 Montezuma County Fair Partial Results
- Apples for the ages
- Vesicular stomatitis declines, but spreads
- Two bats test positive for rabies in Bayfield
- Noxious daisy
A donut shop by day and a full-service restaurant boasting items like escargot, seared ostrich, french-style frog legs, steamed New Zealand fresh green lip mussels, is the latest...
- Ads for marijuana go airborne over radio
- Star burns bright for 118 years
- Mercy to offer free prediabetes education
- Leadership Montezuma turns 21
- Couple open solar business in Cortez
This is the first of two articles about...
Kids are picky eaters.