In 1958, a 10-year old girl and her best friend watched their parents unearth amazing Native American artifacts as part of the Wetherill Mesa Archaeological Project.
Growing up at Mesa Verde National Park, the...
State Nation and World
Secretary of State John Kerry challenged Congress on Monday to go beyond its investigations of embassy security and help ensure that U.S. embassies and consulates abroad have the...
A group of local parents, as well as former and current faculty of The Children’s Kiva, have made public their intent to start a Montessori charter school in Cortez for...
- Perfect reward
- Law enforcement academy moves to SCCC west campus
- Superior soloist
- SCCC graduates announced
- Preschool taking applications
On Sunday, May 5, at 1 p.m. at the Anasazi Heritage Center near Dolores, the Hisatsinom Chapter of the Colorado Archaeological Society and the Bureau of Land Management will...
- Local dairy producer receives help of Colorado AgrAbility
- Achievement to be celebrated during National 4-H Week
- Dove Creek resident chosen for leadership program
- NAP closing dates for fall seeded crops approaches
- Testing process streamlined for Commercial Pesticide Applicators
Yellow Jacket. Home to irrigated alfalfa fields, tractors rumbling down packed-dirt county roads, and a general aura of tranquility.
And a five-star rooftop...
- Pot tax won’t boost state’s general fund
- Trich-positive cattle found
- Cortez Gun Show
- Property taxes due April 30
- Ag expo announces changes for 2014
Jean H. Rost, age 88, formerly of Cedar Crest, N.M., and Cortez, Colo., passed away on...
- Robert D. ‘Bob’ Helms
- Clyde Robert Robbins
- Guadalupe Ortiz ‘Wally’ Sanchez
- Eunice Helen Bradley Wood
- Marjorie Jane Peters
- Calendar change proposed
- 2014 goal: Minimize energy mandate
- Reaching across the legislative aisle growing harder
- Speeding tickets drop
- All human-caused fires preventable
In 1958, a 10-year old girl and her best friend watched their parents unearth amazing Native American artifacts as part of the Wetherill Mesa Archaeological...
- Local 3rd-graders top TCAP scores
- Mount Lookout Grange seeks new future
- Reaching across the aisle grows harder
- Juvenile sorry for fire
- Top grads