Scott Conklin addressed the Panthers football team on Tuesday afternoon as interim head coach, settling days of uncertainty and speculation about the Montezuma-Cortez football coaching staff.
State Nation and World
Justice Dept. report says flawed Ferguson response offers lessons on how to handle protests
- The New M-CHS: Students eat made-from-scratch meals from new kitchen
- New high school opens
- Steps to Success
- Kemper joins School-to-Farm project with adobe oven
- ‘Still Learning’ is theme of Storytime
The vesicular stomatitis outbreak isn’t as bad as last year, says the Colorado state veterinarian, but the contagious equine and livestock disease is spread across a wider...
- Two bats test positive for rabies in Bayfield
- Noxious daisy
- Enjoy and preserve the month’s bounty
- Governor tours Ute tribal land
- Low wages in high places
Several poor-performing gas wells north of Narraguinnep Reservoir are being plugged.
In 2009, the Bill Barrett Corp. installed wildcat wells on private land north of Road...
- Four States wins Goodyear award
- Business Briefs
- ‘Stigma’ from Gold King Mine spill into the Animas River could linger
- Relief-fund donations are slow
- Purgatory looking up
An overdue hiker reported missing Aug. 18 was found safe Aug. 21 after an intensive search in the mountains in the Taylor Mesa area east of Stoner.
Ron Nurnberg, 71, of...
- Two Dolores icons close up shop
- County expands on-demand MoCo bus service
- Ride the Ancients to be Oct. 11
- Elder is named Ranger of Year
- GST gives $10,000 to Cultural Center
When walking down Grand Avenue, you might notice some activity inside of the old Mancos Times building, as the Mancos Common Press will be starting some preliminary...
- Cortez, Dolores, Mancos papers will combine into The Journal
- Mancos fills up water tank as part of $1.1 million project
- Facilitator for Western Excelsior pollution negotiations debated
- Poor-performing gas wells being plugged
- Vesicular stomatitis declines, but spreads