The members of the 16 teams entered in the 2015 Ranch Rodeo sat silently atop their horses on Saturday night.
Then, as the final note of The Star-Spangled Banner rang from the speakers at the Montezuma County...
State Nation and World
'Active and open' ocean search for teens continues; 6 days adrift verge on limits for survival
For The Cortez Journal
“Superheroes Finale” is the August theme of the Raising Readers Storytime at the Cortez Public Library, located at 202 N. Park St.,...
- Aztec ruins hosts Kinteel Teachers Kamp
- SCCC adds MRI, CT programs
- SCCC encourages students to enroll for fall now
- Two M-CHS students land internships at Pinhead
- Girls on the Run seeking volunteers
Twenty-nine cases of the contagious equine and livestock disease vesicular stomatitis have been confirmed in six counties in Colorado, including Montezuma and La Plata, according...
- Conservation pays for farmers
- County grants tax relief to farmers
- Weber fire erosion hurts Mancos farms
- Humiston to lead U. of California’s Ag division
- Cloud seeding gaining favor in arid West
Poop is a sensitive issue in Durango, where scientific studies recently proved that too much human feces is flowing into the Animas River downstream to Farmington.
- SBA loan program put on hold
- Osprey’s Pfotenhauer is OutDoor Celeb of Year
- Records for Durango home sales
- Four Corners Film Office announces new member
- Condo loophole worries residents
Heard Around the West
Twenty million Americans have died from...
Four Corners Skies
Today, some experts believe that...
I was visiting friends in Portland,...
District Court Judge Todd Plewe issued a restraining order on Wednesday to bar the 32nd annual Colorado Invitational Bong-A-Thon marijuana competition from taking place next...
- Glade grazing might be revised
- K9 Search and Rescue plans fundraiser
- Fair will feature Colt Challenge contest
- River Talk: Young readers make a heroic effort
- Support K9 Search and Rescue
People of all ages and dogs and a few horses came out to the 56th Annual Mancos Days parade Saturday morning.
The parade spanned nearly an hour and 45 minutes and was...
- McCarty versus Sinclair, Part 2
- 29 cases of livestock disease reported
- Bluejazz Band playing Telluride
- County home sales heat up this summer
- SBA loans for startups put on hold