It’s too bad the Montezuma County commissioners and the Montezuma Mosquito Control District board are not getting along, because mosquito-borne illnesses potentially are a serious threat to public health and the...
- Cruz and Kasich spoiler deal was too little, too late and too manipulative
- New retirement rules should help workers make best choices
- Senate energy bill promotes efficiency, renewables, clean technology
- State lawmakers right to ensure clarity of medical facilities’ costs
- Service animal bill was flawed, but abuse is real
- Industry should notify local governments of planned wells
- In the Capitol
- La Plata, Montezuma dropout rates reiterate challenges
- Re-1 must consider funding reality when deciding M-CHS fate
Letters to the editor
I read with much dismay the letter headlined “Cortez should apologize for its kids” (Journal, April 29.) I was one of the 15 sponsors on our annual trip to Colorado State University, and I assure you that...
- CSU trip is supervised and beneficial
- Fearing the aftermath of Tuesday’s earthquake
- End support for American Lands Council
- Cortez should apologize for kids’ behavior
- Sales tax not always charged correctly
- ‘America First’ in the world according to Trump
- Bennet, Gardner, Jewell aid public lands
- Examining the facts behind the gender pay gap
- Spending issues must also involve voters
The first two...
Those of us who grew up in small rural...