This week, GOP presidential hopefuls Ted Cruz and John Kasich agreed, briefly, on a plan that might have helped deny frontrunner Donald Trump enough delegates to avoid a contested convention.
The alliance might...
- New retirement rules should help workers make best choices
- Senate energy bill promotes efficiency, renewables, clean technology
- State lawmakers right to ensure clarity of medical facilities’ costs
- Service animal bill was flawed, but abuse is real
- Industry should notify local governments of planned wells
- In the Capitol
- La Plata, Montezuma dropout rates reiterate challenges
- Re-1 must consider funding reality when deciding M-CHS fate
- Legal challenges to Colorado pot law shrill and, so far, largely unsuccessful
Letters to the editor
For people who don’t know, here is the sales tax rate for Cortez: 2.9 percent state, 4.05 percent city of Cortez, and 0.04 percent for the hospital district. If you add that up I get 6.99 percent but some of the...
- ‘America First’ in the world according to Trump
- Cortez should apologize for kids behavior
- Bennet, Gardner, Jewell aid public lands
- Examining the facts behind the gender pay gap
- Spending issues must also involve voters
- Spring fever, baseball and our own Mickey Mantle
- Get ready for coming era of free energy
- Commissioners protect only favorites
- Simpler tax code a good goal that will not happen
The first two...
Those of us who grew up in small rural...