The Montezuma-Cortez football scrimmage against Durango on Friday revealed both strengths and weaknesses that the Panthers plan to address before the season starts.
“It was an eye-opener,” said...
High School Sports
Montezuma-Cortez baseball coaches Travis Greenlee and Tim Passell spent Thursday and Friday of last week instructing 38 youth players during the M-CHS baseball camp.
Returning senior Andrew Laymon and 2013...
- Cortez BMX has strong showing
- Week 1: ‘Everybody is fighting for their position’
- Knicks trainer to host camp
- A glimpse of Panthers football
- Ute Mountain High School Rodeo team meets July 21
- M-CHS football camp starts July 20
- Baseball roundup: Cortez Majors beat Durango; Juniors lose
- Lockhart wins championship at Best of the Best Rodeo
- Southwest Minors beat Bayfield in Game 2
Colorado cutthroat trout is making a comeback in the headwaters of Hermosa Creek.
The fish, native to Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and New Mexico, is now found in only about 14 percent of its historic habitat, said...
- Battle over heli-skiing plan divides Silverton
- BMX state series race Saturday
- Surfer Fanning fights sharks: ‘I haven’t got a scratch on me’
- Carver wins Bass Masters outing at McPhee
- Learning to cheer
- Mountain flyer
- Free park entrance offered to for active-duty personnel, vets
- Sportsmen support federal water rule
Football season doesn't officially start for another two-and-a-half weeks.
But don't tell the Dolores Bears football team.
"We've been going since February,"...
- Middle school football camp focused on new offense
- Repeat winners
- Bears scrimmage in Cortez
- Bears lead Four Corners camp
- Dolores motocross racer returns to national stage
To stay sharp during the offseason, the Mancos football team lifts weights four days a week.
They recently took part in 7-on-7 scrimmages in Cortez to further hone their...
- Repeat winners
- Colorado's cutthroat making a comeback
- High, fast water makes for creative fishing
- Blue Jays at 7-on-7 scrimmage
- 'Seamus Millett: national champion' has a ring to it