After a weekend that included two blowout losses and one blowout win, it’s apparent that the Montezuma-Cortez High School boys basketball team learns from their mistakes.
High School Sports
Team-wise, the results might not have been pretty, but individually, several members of the Montezuma-Cortez High School Panthers wrestling team opened their season with a bang.
Kicking off their year against...
- Panthers hang tough to beat Delta in boys basketball
- Panther girls fall on road
- Dove Creek girls capture championship
- Panthers second in Cortez tourney
- Bulldogs grapple to early victories
- Bulldogs defeat M-CHS JV
- Bulldogs finish 1-1 at tourney
- M-CHS girls swim hard in meet against Durango
- Panther girls struggle at Shiprock Tournament
Based on the performances turned in by several hoopsters at a local free throw competition, the future of prep basketball in Cortez appears to be bright.
Playing host to 24 competitors between the ages of 8 and...
- Upcoming youth volleyball meeting
- Officials get title game
- Rudolph Run honors girl’s fight with disability
- Cortez Middle School fall sports recap
- Why ‘Redskins’ is not a bad word
- Warriors Winter Challenge pushes runners
- Stanley performs well at fitness event
- Women ready for Fitness Weekend
- 42nd annual Elks Hoops Shoot set for Dec. 8
Coming off a two-game road trip that included a 76-30 loss to Telluride (Dec. 13) and a 62-23 win over Nucla (Dec. 14), the Dolores Bears were intent on making their return home...
- Lady Bears battle to win
- Young Bear wrestlers impress
- Bears basketball shows promise in tournament
- Bears grapplers perform in opener at Flagstaff
- Bears wrestling looking to freshmen to lead team
After starting the season 2-0, the Mancos Bluejays boys basketball team enjoyed mixed results against tougher competition.
- Bluejay girls lose 3 straight
- Wrestlers improve at tourney
- Basketball has strong start
- Wrestlers kick off season
- Bluebird wrestling back in action